HTC one M8 is a high end Android device with some rich specification. It launched in march 2014 and it got huge success within some months. HTC One M8 comes with 5.0 inches super LCD3 displays, runs on android KitKat 4.4.2 operating system, powered by 2.3 GHz quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM. There are also a 13MP primary and 5MP of front facing camera which delivers high quality pictures and videos. All in one, you can say it’s one of the best android smartphone.
But however, if you bought this phone and searching for a guide to root HTC one M8 then you are at right place. Here I am going to show you a detailed guide on how to unlock bootloader and then root your HTC One M8.
After rooting you will get the admin access to your phone which will give you the super power to install custom ROM’s or install rooted application at any time. But before doing root HTC one M8 we need to unblock it’s bootloader. So let’s first check out the process to unlock HTC one M8.
Warning– Unlocking and Rooting HTC one M8 may void manufacturer warranty. Any wrong step may brick your phone. We will not be responsible if any wrong happen to your phone while following the below steps. Do it on your own risk.
- The process we are going to share here doesn’t affect the data of your phone. But still it is recommended to create a full backup of your all data to ensure that you will restore them in case you lose them.
- Make sure to keep your batterry 80% or more charged.
- Download and install HTC USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your phone.
Recommended–>> How to Root Motorola Moto E
How to Unlock HTC One M8
- First of all, go to Setting >Power and make sure that Fast Boot is OFF.
- Now switch off your phone and then press and hold volume up and power button at the same time until the bootloader menu open.
- Now navigate to FASTBOOT mode and select it. (Use volume button to navigate and power button to select)
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of data cable. Download Fastboot.zip and extract it on your computer.
- Open the extracted folder and press shift and right click on an empty place and choose “Open Command Window Here”.
- A command screen will appear, enter the below commands in it.
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- You will able to see the identifier token. Save that token in a safe place on your computer (ex-Ms Word or Notepad). Now go to HTC Dev and select Unlock Bootloader. Now register there by following the onscreen instructions. After registering open this link. Here choose HTC One M8 and then follow the onscreen instruction until step5. On the step5 you will be asked to enter the identifier token in a box. Now paste the token key that you have copied in the previous step.
- After completing the above process, HTC will send you the Unlock_Code.bin to your registered email. Download that file and copy it to the extracted Fastboot folder.
- Once done, return to the command window and enter the below command.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Now go to your phone and select YES with the help of power key. Now your phone will be rebooted soon. Your phone is unlocked now.
After unlocking HTC One M8, if you want to root HTC One M8, then follow the below guide.
How to Root HTC One M8
- After unlocking, go to setting and turn ON Fast Boot option.
- Download SuperSu on your computer. Now connect your phone to the computer with USB Dubbing mode and transfer SuperSu to the phone.
- Disconnect your phone and Switch it OFF. Press and hold volume up button and power button to open bootloader menu. Now again connect your phone to the computer with the help of data cable.
- Now download CWM or TWRP recovery file for your model from this link and save it to the Fastboot extracted file.
- Now open command prompt on that folder and enter the following commands. (Note– replace CWMorTWRPrecoveryimagefilename with the downloaded file name in Step 4.)
fastbootflash recovery CWMorTWRPrecoveryimagefilename.img
- The recovery file will flash successfully. Now go to your phone and select HBOOT and then choose Recovery. Once done your device will boot into TWRP recovery mode.
- Here select “Install Zip from SD Card” and then install SuperSu that you downloaded in above step.
- After installing SuperSu reboot your phone and you are ready to rock.
You have successfully rooted HTC One M8. Now install custom ROM’s or install some rotted apps, nothing going to stop you.
So this was the complete guide to unlock and root HTC one M8. I hope you enjoyed the rooting guide and got success to root your phone.
If you are facing any error or issue while performing the above steps, then let me know. I will glad to help you.
And if you found this post helpful and worth sharing, then share it with your friends on social media 🙂