The Xiaomi Mi 4i is the new flagship device from Xiaomi which is launched in April 2015 in New Delhi, India. The device is priced for Rs. 12, 999 and it is only available on Flipkart through flash sale. It has some outstanding specs which generally found on high end devices. It’s got a 5 inch full HD IPS LCD display. It is powered by Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53 processor along with 2GB of RAM. The device runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based on MIUI 6.
The phone is good enough to beat some high end devices and you can also improve its performances and ability by rooting this phone. By rooting we can install the various customs ROM or even we can install apps that require root permission. There are also some other benefits of rooting an Android phone. So if you want to root Xiaomi Mi 4i then you are at right place. Here I will share a step by step guide to root Xiaomi Mi 4i smartphone and the procedure is really simple.
But before moving to the guide on How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i, you need to follow below requirements.
Note- Rooting your Xiaomi Mi 4i may void manufacturer warranty and you will be no more able to claim your warranty. Also rooting is a risky process and any wrong step may brick your phone. Please think twice before rooting your phone and if anything goes wrong, then please don’t hold responsible.
Prerequisites to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Although the below process doesn’t affect your data. But to be on the safe side I would like to suggest you to take a complete backup all your important data, file and contacts.
- To connect your Xiaomi Mi 4i to the PC you need to install Xiaomi Mi 4i USB drivers. So download Xiaomi Mi 4i USB drivers from here and install it on your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debbuing mode on your phone.
- Make sure that you have at least of 70%- 80% charge on your device.
Once you are done with these requirements, you can proceed with the below steps to root Xiaomi Mi 4i.
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone- Step by Step Guide.
Please follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all download Xiaomi Mi 4i rooting kit on your computer. Then extract the file and save extracted files in a separate folder.
- Connect your phone to the computer via original data cable. As you have already installed USB drivers, the phone will connect successfully.
- Next, go to the folder where you extracted the rooting kit and run the “rec” file.
- Now a new window will appear similar to the one below. (It’s in Chinees language 🙁 )
- Now on the screen type “1” and then hit the enter button.
- Once done, your phone will ask for USB Debbuing mode and here just select “YES” on your phone.
- Now your phone will boot into fastboot mode and it will be there for five minutes. After that, your Xiaomi Mi 4i will reboot normally and you can see a root message on the computer screen like the below image.
So your phone is now rooted 🙂 After successfully root Xiaomi Mi 4i you can see the SuperSU file on your smartphone. Also, you can use some root checking app like Root Checker to confirm whether you have rooting access or not.
Once you confirm the rooting access, you should check this post of Best rooting app for Android. Also you can install various custom ROMs on your Xiaomi Mi 4i.
So this is in this post about how to root Xiaomi Mi 4i, I hope you liked this post and got success to root your Xiaomi Mi 4i. If you have any doubt or you are facing any issue while rooting your phone, then please let us know in your comments. We will try our best to solve your problem.