Motorola Moto series smartphones are the biggest hit my Motorola to the android market. All the moto series smartphones are got huge success right after the release. Moto G is one of them. Motorola has launched the 2 version of this phone, one is Motorola Moto g 1st generation and another is Motorola Moto g 2nd generation. Both were able to create buzz among the Android user. The both phones are packed with rich specifications in a low budget. Today i am going to share 2 best methods to root moto g 1st and 2nd generation smartphones easily.
If you own a Motorola moto g and searching for a simple guide to root moto g then you are at right place. Here in this post i will show you 2 best way to root moto g 1st generation and 2nd generation smartphones.
Note- Rooting is a risky process and it may void your manufacturer warranty. We will not be responsible if any kind of damage occurs to your phone while following the below steps. Please read each and every point carefully and do it on your own risk.
Things to arrange before moving to the rooting process of new moto g.
- Make sure to unlock bootloader of your moto g. If you haven’t unlocked then first unlock bootloader by following this guide.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone.
- Backup all your important data as you might lose your data.
- Download and install drivers on your computer.
- Make sure that you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your computer. If not then download it from here.
- Keep at least 80% charge on your phone in order to perform the below steps.
- Check- Unlock Bootloader and Root HTC One M8
#1- Method Root Moto G By Using Super Boot Method
- Download root tool moto g from here.
- Now extract this file on your PC.
- Now turn off your phone.
- Press and hold volume down + Power button for some seconds until your phone boot.
- Connect your phone to the computer via a data cable.
- Now go to the file that you have extracted before and double click on a file called “Superboot-windows.bat”.
- Now your phone will start rooting, this may take some minutes. So have patience.
- After the rooting process complete, reboot your phone and enjoy rooted android.
#2 Method ChainFire Method to Root Moto G
Download chainfire tool kit according to your device model.
- XT1063 (titan_retuglb) – Moto G 2nd Gen. (Download)
- XT1068 (titan_retaildsds) – Moto G 2nd Gen. (Download)
- XT1068 (titan_retde) – Moto G 2nd Gen. (Download)
- XT1031 (falcon_boost) – Moto G 1st Gen. (Download)
- XT1032 (falcon_reteu) – Moto G 1st Gen. (Download)
- XT1033 (falcon_retbr_ds) – Moto G 1st Gen. (Download)
After download your ChainFire tool kit, follow the below steps.
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer. (Make sure to download right file according to your model)
- Now boot your device into bootloader mode and then connect your moto g to the computer using the data cable.
- From the extracted file, run “root-windows.bat”. Now your phone will start rooting.
- Your phone may reboot several times during the process, so don’t panic.
- After rooting, reboot your phone and done!
- Now your phone is rooted.
- Check- Root Motorola Moto E a Step by Step guide
After rooting your phone you should check these best root apps for Android.
So this was the simplest and best guide to root moto g 1st and 2nd generation smartphones. I hope you all enjoyed this guide. If you have any doubts or getting any error while following the above steps, then let me know in your comments. I will be glad to help you.
If you found this post helpful then please share this with your friends and families over your social networks. 😆