As we all know, YouTube is one of the biggest and most popular video sharing site with more than 5 billion views per day. I spend so many hours of a day on YouTube watching videos I like. Yeah I know it is very good source of knowledge and entertainment as well, but the toughest part comes when YouTube videos buffers(Especially when you have a slow Internet connection). Recently I got to know about some ways to increase YouTube buffering speed.
Tips To Speed Up/Increase YouTube Buffering Speed:
1. Increase Your Computer System’s Internet By 20%
This is one of the most used and old trick not only to increase YouTube buffering speed but to speed up your entire computer system’s internet speed. This trick will increase your internet speed by 20%, which means it will increase YouTube buffering speed too.
Microsoft windows reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes like updates and interrogating with your PC etc.This should be undone immediately to enjoy full ISP Speed.
Follow These Steps To Increase Your Internet Speed By 20%:
- Click on start, select run and type “gpedit.msc“.
- Select to LOCAL COMPUTER POLICY>COMPUTER CONFIGURATION>ADMNISTRATIVE TEMPELATES>NETWORK> QOS PACKET SHEDULER>LIMIT RESERVABLE BANDWITH.
- Double click on “limit reservable bandwith” and then select “Enabled” snd edit the bandwith to O.
2. Increase YouTube Buffering Speed By Changing DNS
To increase YouTube buffering speed, you can use the DNS of YouTube in your windows system. To configure DNS follow below steps.
For Windows XP Users
- Go to Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on Network Connections from the Control Panel choices.
- Choose your connection from the Network Connections window.
- Click Properties button.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties.
Click the radio button Use the following DNS server addresses and type in OpenDNS addresses in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server fields.
For Windows 7 Users
- First of all open up Control Panel. You can open it either by start menu or by searching in start menu.
- Now navigate to Network and Internet then click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings(at left side).
- Right Click on Local Area Connection then select Properties button.
- Double click on Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)(dont change any thing in IP address).
Click the on Use the following DNS server addresses and type
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 and Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Then click ok and its done!
3. Bypass ISP Throttling
Few days ago when I was searching for tricks to increase buffering speed of YouTube, I found a network tweak for Windows that makes some esoteric changes to the firewall which blocks a big range of IP addresses. To configure this, follow below steps.
- Click Start, type cmd, right click on the icon and Run as Administrator to open the command prompt.
- If you see a UAC prompt, click Yes.
- Copy this command: netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=”YoutubeBufferTrick” dir=in action=block remoteip=220.127.116.11/24,18.104.22.168/16 enable=yes
- Right click in the command prompt and select Paste.
- Hit Enter.
If you ever want to remove this alteration from your network, do the same thing except use this command instead:
netsh advfirewall firewall delete rule name=”YoutubeBufferTrick”
Since this trick blocks a wide range of IP addresses, you may run into a site every once in a while that’s blocked by this trick. Use at your own discretion!
So this is it. These are some top ways increase YouTube buffering speed. In the end, one truth remains that your YouTube buffering speed will always be capped by your actual Internet speed. No matter how many tricks you are using. So for best results I will recommend you to use a fast internet connection. I hope you have liked the article. Do share it with your friends too and let them know about it. If you know any other tricks to increase YouTube buffering speed, then do share it with us via comments below.