The Samsung Galaxy S6 is the new flagship device launched by Samsung in this march 2015 at Mobile World Congress 2015. This phone got all the high end features and really stands on top while it comes to flagship models. The devices got a 5.1 inch super AMOLED screen which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4, powered by 2.1 GHz quad core processor. The 3GB RAM of this phone is making it smooth to operate. The phone runs on latest 5.0.2 Android lollipop operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is launched in many countries and if you bought this phone and want to explore its real power then you should root this home. After rooting you can install various apps which support rooted phone, you can remove bloat ware which kills your internal storage. You can also install various custom ROMs and many more. So if you are searching for a guide to root Samsung Galaxy S6 then you are at right place. Here I will show you a step by step and detailed guide to root your new Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone.
Note- Rooting your Samsung galaxy s6 smartphone will void manufacturer warranty and you will be not able to claim for warranty again. If you followed any wrong step, then you may lose your phone permanently. Don’t held us responsible while following the below guide. Think twice before rooting your phone and proceed at your own risk.
Before moving to the rooting process, you need to make sure that you have arranged all the necessary things.
- You will not lose any data by following the below steps. But to play in safe side, I would request you to take a complete backup of all your important data.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so you have to first enable developer mode by going to settings> About phone and tap on the build number for 7 times. After enabling developer mode to go to settings> Developers Option> USB Debugging mode.
- Download and install Samsnung Galaxy S6 USB drivers on your computer.
- Make sure that there is at least 80% charge on your phone.
- It is better to disable antivirus on your computer.
Check- How to root HTC one M8
Now let’s move to the main part that is How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 android smartphone.
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S6 android smartphone.
This is guide is only for SM-G920F model. If you have the same model then follow this guide and if you don’t have this model, then don’t follow this guide as it will brick your phone.
- Firstly, download Odin and CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f and save it on your computer. Now extract CF auto root file and save the .tar.md5 in your computer.
- Now switch off your phone and boot in download mode by pressing and holding Volume down, Power and home buttons simultaneously.
- Once you are on download mode, open Odin file on your computer and connect your phone to the PC via data cable.
- Now on the Odin select AP button and choose the. tar.md5 file that you have saved in the 1st (Once done make sure that F.Reset Time and Auto-reboot options are not selected. Also check that the Repartition button is unselected as well.)
- Then click on the Start button and wait for some minutes(may be 1 or 2) until the flashing process complete.
- When the flash is complete you will see a message on Odin as PASS and your Samsung galaxy s6 will get rooted.
- When you see Home Screen of your smartphone, you can disconnect your phone from the computer.
- Now your phone is successfully rooted.
As you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone now you can enjoy the freedom of root on your phone.
So this was the step by step guide to root new Samsung galaxy S6 smartphone. Please follow all the steps carefully to root your phone.
If you have any doubt or queries related to this post, then let me know in your comments. I will try my best to solve all your problems related to this post.
If you liked this post, then you please share this with your friends on social sites.