Asus Zenfone 5 is an Android smartphone from Smartphone Company Asus. It is a budget phone with some good feature. This phone has a 5inch IPS display 720 x 1280 pixels. The phone powered by 1.6 GHz dual core Intel processor along with 2GB of Ram which makes this phone smoother to operate. There is also an 8GB of internal storage which can be extended up to 32 GB via a micro SD card. The phone runs on Android 4.3 JellyBean which can be upgraded to 4.4.2 KitKat. It has an 8MP of camera at the back and a 2MP of camera in front. The phone is good enough and it can be an ideal phone for you if you are searching for phone under 10,000.
However, if you bought this phone and want to gain its root access then you are at right place. By rooting your phone you will get the root access of your phone. With root access you can do a whole lot more things with your phone. You can install various root apps, you can install custom ROM’s and lot more thing. So follow the below guide to root and Unroot your Asus Zenfone 5 smartphone.
But before moving to the guide to root Asus Zenfone 5, make sure to follow all its requirements.
- The tutorial given here don’t affect your data. But to be on the safe side, I would request you to create backup of all your important data.
- Make sure to download and install Intel USB drivers on your PC. You can’t connect your phone to the PC without a USB driver.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode. To do so, go to settings >> Developers Options >> turn on USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that there is 60%-70% charge on your phone.
Note– Rooting your Asus Zenfone 5 may void manufacturer warranty. Again, there is a lot of risk in rooting and any wrong step is enough to brick your phone. Please don’t hold us responsible if anything wrong happened to your phone. So it is always better to think twice before rooting your phone.
Learn– How to Root Asus Zenfone 5 Android Smartphone
So follow the below tutorial perfectly to root Asus Zenfone 5.
- First of all download Asus Zenfone 5 rooting kit on your computer.
- Now extract the file and save it in a separate folder in your computer.
- Next, connect your phone to the PC via original data cable.
- Now go to the folder where you saved that downloaded file. Double click on the Root-Zenfone5. bat file based on your phone model to start rooting process.
- It may take some time to complete the rooting process. Once the root process is done, you will get a message “All Done, Enjoy your rooted Zenfone 5”.
- That’s it. Now your phone is rooted 🙂
Check- Best Rooted Apps
As your phone is now rooted, so you can now install various rooted apps, even you can upgrade your phone to the latest android version with the help of Custom ROM’s.
So after rooting if you feel uncomfortable or facing any problem and want to unroot your phone then follow the below guide.
Learn– How to Unroot Asus Zenfone 5 Smartphone
Follow the below guide to unroot your Asus Zenfone 5.
- Go to the folder where you have saved the Asus Zenfone 5 rooting kit that you have downloaded before.
- Open the folder and double click on UnRoot-Zenfone5.bat based on your device model.
- Now unroot process will start. (Your phone may reboot several times, so don’t panic)
- Once the process is complete, you will see that your phone is completely unrooted.
So this was the guide to root and unroot Asus Zenfone 5. I hope this article was helpful for you. If you are facing any error then please let us know in your comments.
If you liked this post, then please share this post with others. 🙂