Internet is one of the biggest and ever growing industries on this planet now and advertisements are all here to let advertisers and publishers earn money. Advertisements are critical source of revenue for advertisers and publishers. I really appreciate everyone who does not block ads on sites. However I am not in favor of ads display because some advertisements can be very annoying (especially Flash ads). So I think everyone should know how to block ads on desktop browsers like chrome, Firefox and in android devices too.
So here I am going to show you how you can block ads on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Android browser.
Must Read: Best Facebook Tricks and Tips – Latest 2015
How To Block Ads In Google Chrome
Block ads in chrome using AdFender
AdFender is an ad blocking program which is available for free for Windows and it is able to block almost any type of ads from the browser. Many users says that AdBlock Plus is the best extension to block ads, but let me tell you that it uses the same EasyList block list as AdBlock Plus, so ad-blocking accuracy is similar. One more thing to note is that it also works with Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, Epic, Chromium, K-Meleon, Waterfox, Yandex, Maxthon, and many more browsers but according to reviews, it works best on Google Chrome. So I have included it in Google Chrome list.
How To Block Ads In Mozilla Firefox
Anvi Ad Blocker
Anvi AD Blocker is designed to detect and block malicious advertisements pop up in real-time. It is a powerful yet easy to use program which can help you out in most of the times. It monitors processes which are trying to connect network in real time, so it means it also provides you security. It is a paid product and the free version can be used only for 15 days. Still it is good to have.
Adblock Edge is a straightforward extension for Mozilla Firefox specially designed to block all advertisements as you browse the web and visit various pages. Once installed, Adblock Edge automatically blocks banners, video ads and popup windows that, otherwise, would load and clutter your screen. Unlike Adblock Plus, Adblock Edge does not include an “Acceptable Ads” filter that allows certain advertisements to appear on the visited website.
How To Block Ads In Android
Adblock Plus – AdBlock Plus is one of the most used and trusted tool to block unwanted and annoying advertisements from web pages. It well known as Google Chrome and Firefox extension, but only a new people knows that it is available for android devices too. Here is how you can use it to block ads on your android devices.
- First of all, you need to enable unknown sources (it is mandatory to do so and you can disable it after ending the block ads process). To enable unknown sources navigate to Settings >> Security >> Applications
- After enabling the unknown sources, you have to download the Apk file of AdBlock Plus either from Google Play Store or from its official website. After downloading, install it on your phone and make sure it is being installed on phone memory rather than SD card.
- After installing, run the AdBlock Plus app on your android device and enable filtering. Then it will automatically perform and set the proxy setting for your device.
- Normally it automatically sets proxy for best performance, but sometimes it fail to do so. In that case you can refer to their official guide, which will help you in configuring it manually.
- Ones you have done and followed all the steps, it will start doing its work and will start blocking useless and annoying ads on Android apps and browsers.
Note: Adblock Plus will keep on blocking ads until it is enabled, once you have disabled it then it will not block ads for your device.
There are many more ways, extensions and software available to block advertisements on Google Chrome, Firefox and Android devices, but the ways mentioned above are the best as I have added them after analyzing their user reviews and ratings.
Before blocking ads, always keep in mind you may be blocking the only source of revenue your favorite website has; lack of ad revenue can often times drive a website out of business. I am not saying you not to block ads, but block ads only on those sites which shows flash and more than average number of ads. So this is it what I have for you in this post. I hope you have liked it. Please share it with your friends too and do let me know your views on it via comments below.