Hide Folders and Files: Computers and laptops are basic need of human life now a days. I don’t think there is anyone out there who don’t use it. Almost everyone owns a personal computer and have some personal photographs, songs, videos etc. in it. There comes many times when someone else have to use your system, but you are worried about those personal files or it can be said that someone asks you to use your computer, and you started thinking about the privacy. Don’t worry, here in this post I will tell you how to hide folders and files in Windows.
How To Hide Folders and Files In Windows 7
Windows 7 have so many good features which Windows 8 or 8.1 don’t have. There are many ways to hide folders and files in windows 7, but let me tell the most easiest and fast way to hide folders and files. Let’s get started.
- Open Windows Explorer (open any folder) and go to > Tools > Folder options…
- Within Folder Options switch to the > View tab.
- Under > Files and Folders find the option > Hidden files and folders and select > Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Click > OK and proceed to hiding a folder.
- See below image to make sure you have done everything correctly.
Must Read: How to Root Xiaomi Mi 4i Android Smartphone
To hide a folder do the following:
- Right-click the folder you want to hide and select > Properties.
- In the > General tab check the option > Hidden.
- Go to > Advanced change archive and index attributes.
- Click > OK to save your changes.
Now the folder will be invisible from the drive. If you want to see it back, then go through the folder option one more time as we did earlier and make hidden folders visible. Obviously, this is a little inconvenient but this is the easiest way to hide folder and files in Windows 7.
How To Hide Folders and Files In Windows 8 and 8.1
- Open any Folder in your computer.
- Right click on it then select properties in options.(select folder and click on alt+Enter).
- Then you will see a option Hidden like in the below picture.
- Click on Hidden then click on Apply.
- Refresh now. Surely you will not see your folder.
How To Show Hidden Files In Windows 8 and 8.1
So hiding is only one part of the game. What you will do when you have to get unhide it and you don’t know how to do it ? So, whenever you are going to learn something new, make sure you are learning the both sides. Let me tell you how to show hidden folders and files in Windows 8 and 8.1.
- First of all open windows explorer. It doesn’t matter which drive you are opening. But still I will recommend you to open that drive or folder in which you have hidden the file, so that when we will unhide it, we can make sure it is ok.
- Now after opening desired folder or drive, click on View button which will be on top menubar.
- Now from drop down menu, check the Hidden Items box to view hidden files and folders in that drive or folder.
- Uncheck it to hide folders and files again.
- See below image for more information.
So this is it, you have reached the end now. I hope you have liked the post and now you can hide folders and files easily on your computer or laptop. Do remember that there are many free and paid softwares available to do that, but I will still recommend you to do it manually as there will be no chances of getting file or folder corrupted. Hide folders and files easily now in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 computer systems. If you are facing any problem in doing this, then do let me know via comments below.