I love Marshmallow! Don’t you? If you don’t like marshmallow, then I am sure that you will start loving after reading this post 😉 On 17th august Google has officially announced the next Android version name and number on their official blog. The next version is going to be named as Android Marshmallow and its version name is going to be Android 6.0. So the most controversial Android M is now officially Android Marshmallow, isn’t sweet?
Learn– How to root Xiaomi Mi 4i
As we saw previously that Nexus devices are the first Android device that gets the taste of all new Android sweets right after it released. So this is obvious that this time also Nexus device is going to taste the Android Marshmallow first. But it may take some time for Google to release the official Android Marshmallow update for Nexus devices. So if you have a nexus device and you can’t wait for the official update to taste the new Android Marshmallow 6.0 then you are at right place. Here in this guide I will show you how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5, 6, 9 and Nexus Player smartphone.
How to– Root and unroot Asus Zenfone 5
Back in May when Google first announced Android M, they also released the underdevelopment Android M preview for Nexus device. Soon after, some day they again released another Android preview M or preview 2 with some improvement and also fixes some bugs. And his time with the announce of Android 6.0 Marshmallow they released another preview or preview 3. So here we are going to show you how you can install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus with Android M preview 3.
Note– This guide only works for Nexus 5, 6, 9 and Nexus Player smartphone. Please don’t apply this method with any other device as it will brick your phone.
Pre-Requisites to Install Android M Preview
Before moving to the guide to Install Android Marshmallow Preview 3 on Nexus 5, 6, 9 and Nexus Player, please make sure to arrange all the below steps to make your installation safe and secure.
- Make sure that you have at least 60%-70% charge left on your phone.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone. To do so, go to your Settings> Tap build number for 7 times, then you can see the developer option in your settings. Then go to developer option and enable USB debugging mode.
- Download and install Google latest USB drivers on your windows PC.
- In this process you may lose all your files and settings. So make sure to backup all your important apps, setting, messages and any other important thing.
- Make sure that your device has unlocked bootloader. If you haven’t unlocked your bootloader yet, then you can follow this guide to unlock bootloader.
- Download ADB tools from here. Then unzip the download ADB file and keep separate in another folder.
- Learn– How to root Moto g 1st and 2nd Gen smartphone
Now, after arranging all this needed thing, you can move to the guide to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Preview 3 on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player smartphone.
Warning- Please follow all the steps carefully and at your own risk. This process is not tested by me so it may or may not work. Again, it also very risky process and it may brick your phone. In case anything wrong happens to your phone, then please don’t blame me or this blog. Think twice before following this method.
Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Preview 3 on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player
Follow the below steps carefully to successfully Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus devices.
- Firstly, you have to download the developer preview .img file for your nexus device. Download your .img file according to your device model.
- Now extract the downloaded image file in the folder where you have saved the ADB tool that you have downloaded before.
- Now you have to boot your phone into bootloaer mode. To do so, turn off your device, then press Volume down and power button at the same time for some time and you will be on the bootloader screen.
- Now connect your Nexus to the PC via data cable.
- Go to the folder where you have extracted the both ADB and preview image file.
- Here double click on “flash-all.bat”. This will start the batching process to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Your nexus device will reboot automatically.
- Now, after sometime you can see a welcome screen on your device that say that you are on Preview 3 for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- And voila! You are now on Android 6.0 Marshmallow preview 3. 🙂
- Best rooted apps for Android
Now you can disconnect your phone from the PC and enjoy the beauty of the new Android Marshmallow.
The new Android 6.0 going to be one of the best mobile OS for all Android users. So this was my guide on how to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus player smartphone.
Did you install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Preview on your Nexus? Do share your experience with us. We would love to hear from you 😀